At St. Margaret’s there is a warm welcome for young children and families, and many opportunities to become involved:
Our 0915 Family Service is actively geared towards children, young people and families of all ages. For babies and toddlers who need distraction there is a small carpeted area at the front of church with toys and books. For further details see
There are many opportunities for children aged about 7+ to become actively involved in this service as
- Serving – if you child would like to be a server, see Servers
- Reading – if your child would like to read a lesson sometimes, please contact us via our Contact Page.
- Singing as a member of Cant and Dec – offering a warm welcome to all children to participate. see Cant & Dec
Our 1045 High Mass also offers a warm welcome to children, young people and families. The following opportunities are available:
- Sunday School - Children leave just before the first reading begins, and return for Communion. You are welcome to accompany your child if you wish.
- Boat Bearer – young children aged approximately 7+ can train as a boat bearer and on a rota basis they can assist at high mass about once a month. For further details see.
- Children aged about 11 or over can train to become a server.
This is a well established, popular group for the 0 – 3 year olds and their parents, grandparents or carers. For further details see...
There are occasional social events for young children. Past event have included a silly songs night with refreshments, and bowling trips to Keighley Bowling.
Parents of all young people aged 7+ who are going to be involved in organised church activities are asked to fill out a form giving contact details. Please click on the link below.
Child Protection Policy
Our Child Protection Officer is Anita Graves.